Academic Development provides a variety of support to students preparing for the boards including:
- STEP I informational workshops
- Individual consults with each second year during which the student decides on a study approach, considers available study materials, and creates a tentative study schedule
- On-going sharing of board-related information via e-mail and other forms of communications
- Assisting students in their clinical science years with STEP II preparation on an as-need basis
- Helping those who must retake either STEP I or II.
Special support is given to those who have had academic difficulty and/or do not pass the exam on the first attempt. Current USMLE review materials are available for circulation from the Academic Development library.