Two-Year MERETI Program in Research Ethics
Admission Deadline: January 15, 2017
Submit application and required materials to Henry Silverman.
MERETI offers an educational program in research ethics for healthcare professionals who are involved with research involving human participants. This two-year program combines face-to-face and online training and the performance of a funded project at one’s home institution.
The program is designed for individuals who want to become leaders in research ethics at their institutions, provide educational initiatives of their own, (e.g., workshops, pre- and post-graduate courses) and pursue scholarly research in the area of research ethics.
By the end of this program, the applicant will have developed:
- Specific Knowledge in Research Ethics
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Scientific and Grant Writing Skills
- Teaching and Presentation Skills
- Research Skills including statistical analysis
- Good Clinical Practice
- Leadership Skills
Components of the Two-Year Program
- 3-Day Workshop in the Middle East (Spring 2017, date and location to be determined)
- 3-Week academic summer program to be held in the Middle East – July 2017 (location to be determined).
- 12-Month Online Learning Program (Fall 2017-Fall 2018)
Performance of a project at the Trainee’s Home Institution
Full scholarships are available for individuals who are from and currently reside in low and middle income countries in the Middle East.
Please submit the following materials:
- MERETI Application: PDF | MS Word
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- One-page personal statement of career goals
- Two recommendation letters
- Official transcripts from prior academic institutions
- Documentation of English proficiency (TOEFL score of > 80, IELTS score of > 7.0, or attendance at a degree program from an official English-speaking University)
- Exam Scores are not Needed at the time of Applications
- Copy of passport
- Skype interview
Please contact Henry Silverman with any questions regarding the MERETI application process.