Division of Growth & Nutrition
The Division of Growth and Nutrition conducts NIH-funded obesity prevention trials among toddlers and adolescents, NIDA-funded follow-up of children prenatally exposed to illegal drugs, an intervention trial of micronutrients and early learning opportunities in India, and monitors the growth and development of young children. The Division also supports an interdisciplinary clinic for young children with growth and/or feeding problems.
Employment & Internship Opportunities
Reasons to Volunteer or Intern:
- Be involved in cutting edge research
- Strengthen your resume
- Publication opportunities
- Improve your interpersonal skills
- Gain an understanding of how to conduct community research
- Potentially earn credits for school
- It's fun!
The types of duties an internship might entail:
- Recruiting participants
- Scheduling interviews, making appointments, and contacting participants
- Helping facilitate parent groups on topics pertaining to nutrition, physical activity, parenting skills, and child safety
- Conducting participant interviews
- Classroom set up
- Collecting data
- Filing and other office duties
- Data entry and analysis
There are currently no employment opportunities available in the Growth and Nutrition Division.
For more information about what we do, feel free to contact us at 410.706.2136