Division of Growth & Nutrition
The Division of Growth and Nutrition includes an interdisciplinary clinic for young children with growth and/or feeding problems. The Division conducts NIH-funded obesity prevention trials among toddlers and adolescents, NIDA-funded follow-up of children prenatally exposed to illegal drugs, an intervention trial of micronutrients and early learning opportunities in India, and monitors the growth and development of young children as a Children's HealthWatch site.
The current studies being conducted in the Growth and Nutrition Division include:
- Challenge! in Middle Schools
- Children's HealthWatch
- Ecological Momentary Assessment
- Maryland Wellness Policies and Practices Project
- Maryland's Building Blocks for Healthy Children
- Prenatal Drug Exposure and Adolescent Drug Use: The Role of HPA Axis Regulation
- Project Grow Smart
Each program has a unique objective(s) and target population, with many volunteer and internship opportunities available.
In addition to the projects that take place at the University of Maryland Baltimore campus, Dr. Black does international work related to feeding, nutrition and pediatric development.