In the News
- Read Dr. Alan Shuldiner's opinion about the "Baltimore Ravens to hand out free DNA test kits"
- Dr. Toni Pollin's insights on the issue "Ravens fans to be offered DNA test kits Sunday in unusual NFL promotion"
- A Letter to Editor "A word of caution about rescheduled Ravens DNA Day"
- JAMA features Dr. Toni Pollin and her Personalized Diabetes Medicine Program in "Pilot Programs Seek to Integrate Genomic Data Into Practice"
- AAMC highlighting our education efforts in "Medical Students Learn From Analyzing Their Own Genetic Makeup"
- "Genetic Testing Aids Treatment for Heart Stent Patients" in the University of Maryland Medicine Bulletin Innovations section.
February 27, 2017
- Dr. Mark Vesely will be a guest on Doctor Radio’s Healthy Aging program broadcast by Sirius XM. Tune in at 5:30 to learn more about genetic testing for our patients.
- "UM doctors want more patients tested for gene variant that makes heart drug ineffective"
- AAMC highlights our educational efforts in "Medical Students Learn How to Care for Patients at the Genetic Level"
- Scientific American featured Dr. Amber Beitelshees in "A Very Personal Problem"
- Baltimore Sun featured Dr. Toni Pollin and UMB faculty in "University of Maryland School of Medicine researchers are studying a rare form of diabetes"
- Genome featured Dr. Toni Pollin in "Pinpointing Diabetes"
- Casey Overby, Q&A - Dr Casey Lynnette Overby - Cracking Our Genetic Code, HIMSS Insights Vol 2 No 2
- NIH News in Health featured Dr. Shuldiner in the article titled "Personalized Medicine Matching Treatments to Your Genes"
November 9, 2013
- NIH News featuring Dr. Afshin Parsa "NIH: Gene hastens kidney disease progression in African-Americans".
- SOM News & Events featuring Dr. Afshin Parsa "Study: Genetic variation increases risk of kidney disease progression in African Americans"
- Johns Hopkins News featuring Dr. Afshin Parsa "Gene puts African Americans at higher risk for kidney failure, study says."
- The Pharmacogenomics Research Network featured Dr. Laura Yerges-Armstrong project "Proposed paradigm for pharmacometobolomic studies" on their website.
September 17, 2013
- WBAL reporter Lisa Robinson featured Dr. Shuldiner in a special report on pharmacogenetics "Amish research helps UMd. Docs tailor treatments to patients"
September 16, 2013
- Scott Dance of the Baltimore Sun interviewed Dr. Shuldiner for his piece "UM medical school to break ground on much-needed research space"
August 28, 2013
- Liz Devitt interviewed Dr. Shuldiner for her Nature Medicine Blog Spot Spoonful of Medicine piece "Discovery of gene variant lends muscle to understanding of statins' side-effects"
July 24, 2013
Personalized Medicine: Collaboration Fosters New Discoveries in the Lab and Treatments for Patients
July 18, 2013
June 13, 2013:
- Jean Marbella, of The Baltimore Sun featured Dr. Shuldiner in "Ban on patenting DNA cheers researchers Supreme Court rules against company with monopoly on breast cancer genetic testing"
April 11, 2013
UMB Panelists Present Personalized Medicine to Leadership Maryland Visitors
- Dr. Shuldiner Discusses CYP2C19 Testing
- Translational Genomics Laboratory is Open for Business. Molecular Profile. Published by the UMMC Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory and Translational Genomics Laboratory.
August 15, 2012
- University of Maryland Researchers Identify Gut Bacteria Associated with Obesity and Metabolic Syndrome. [News Release] Picked up by Science Daily