- 2004-2008: M.D., The George Washington University School of Medicine
- 2008-2011: Residency, Deparment of Internal Medicine; University of Maryland Medical Center
- 2011-2013: Fellowship, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism; University of Maryland Medical Center
Dr. Stein has a particular research interest in monogenic diabetes syndromes resulting from a change in a single gene. This is in contrast to the more common type 1 and type 2 diabetes which result from a complex combination of genetic and non-genetic factors.
Dr. Stein has a special interest in treating patients with pituitary, thyroid, and metabolic bone disorders as well as Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. She will be seeing patients at the faculty endocrine practice and the University of Maryland Center for Diabetes and Endocrinology as well as performing thyroid biopsies.
New patients can call 443-682-6800 to schedule an appointment.
- Stein SA, Wartofsky L. Screening for thyroid disease: defining high-risk populations. Exp Rev Endocrinol Metab. 2010;(5): 663-71.
- Lamos EM, Stein SA, Davis SN. Combination glibenclamide-metformin HCl for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. Expert Opinion on Pharmacother. 2012;(13):2545-54.
- Stein SA, Lamos EM, Davis SN. A review of the efficacy and safety of oral hypoglycemic agents. Expert Opin Drug Saf. 2013;(12):153-75.
- Stein SA, Wartofsky L. Primary thyroid lymphoma: a clinical review. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. [Epub ahead of print] May 28, 2013.
- Stein S, Lamos E, Quartuccio M, Chandraskaran S, Ionica N, Steinle N. Food Intake and Preference. In: Diet Quality: An Evidence Based Approach, Volume 1. Humana Press, New York, NY. In Press, 2013
- Lamos EM, Stein SA, Davis SN. Sulfonylureas and meglitinides: historical and contemporary issues. Panminerva Medica. Accepted, 2013
- Konig M, Lamos EM, Stein SA, Davis SN. An insight into the recent diabetes trials: what is the best approach to prevent macrovascular and microvascular complications? Current Diabetes Reveiws. Accepted, 2013
Faculty members: Update your contact information and create a profile.