Mission & Vision
We advance the health of the public by investigating the causes, treatments and prevention of human health problems. We optimize our effect through teaching, collaboration, and service to the community.
We are a multidisciplinary team dedicated to improving the health of the public by training medical students, graduate students, and health professionals, conducting research, and serving as a resource to the university, the state, and the broader community. We are distinguished by the following:
- Educational programs that prepare future physicians to provide health care based on scientific evidence.
- Graduate education that prepares scientists and health professionals for leadership roles in research, preventive medicine, and public health.
- Outstanding epidemiological research programs that have significant impact on people’s lives.
- Scholarly activities that disseminate important health information and shape public policy.
- Collaborative structures that integrate our strengths with those of other disciplines and institutions.