Admissions - Requirements
All application materials must be received by the published deadline to be considered for the current admissions cycle. Incomplete applications portfolios will not be reviewed for admission consideration until all required materials have been received. Incomplete applications will be held in the Department for a maximum of 12 months.
Consideration for admission to the undergraduate and post-baccalaureate program is based on the following criteria:
- Admissions is competitive. Minimum overall GPA of 2.5 for the 60 prerequisite credits. (Note: only letter grades are transferable.)
- Submission of an official completed application packet. (TYPE WRITTEN ONLY)
- Submission of official college transcript(s) in sealed envelopes.
- Only official paper transcript(s) accepted.
- Two professional letters of recommendation from either:
- Two science instructors OR
- One science instructor and one employer
- Original Personal Statement of goals and/or objectives (TYPE WRITTEN ONLY)
- Non-refundable application fee of $63 by personal check, money order or bank check payable to UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND - DMRT only.
- In-State Residency Application
Foreign-trained applicants must have their records evaluated by a recognized evaluation service such as: