Flow Cytometry Facility (SOM /UMGCC)
Flow cytometry is a powerful technique tailor made for making measurements on single cells. Thus it is tailor made for examining cancer cell lines as well as evaluation of clinical response to therapeutic agents used to treat hematologic malignancies.
Solid tissues and adherent cells that grow in culture can also be measured after first disaggregating the individual cells by mechanical or chemical means.
Size, shape, granularity, protein content, DNA content, intracellular pH and calcium concentration are the most common cellular parameters that can be measured by the flow cytometer. The cells may be examined live or fixed.
Visit the Flow Cytometry Shared Service website to learn more.
655 West Baltimore Street,
BRB Room 7-022
Karen F. Underwood, B.S.
655 West Baltimore Street, BRB
Services We Offer
- Analytic Flow Cytometer Use; Acquisition By Facility Operator
- Analytic Flow Cytometer Use; Acquisition By Investigator
- Flow Cytometer Data Analysis By Facility Operator
- Flow Cytometer Data Analysis By Investigator
- Fluorescence-activated Cell Sorting By Facility Operator
- Training On Lsrii And Facs Diva Acquisition/analysis By Facility Operator
- Experimental Planning And Design - Consultation
Get pricing & more info