The new Transgenic Resources and the University of Maryland School of Medicine exists to facilitate all aspects of customized production of genetically engineered rodent models with off-site, industry leading vendors. The services offered are extensive and include standard transgenics, nuclease-mediated (CRISPR) knockout and knock-in mouse services, as well as ES cell injections. The mission of Transgenic Resources is to ensure competitive pricing, customization and highest product quality to support our world class research.
Dr. Lou DeTolla is the Director, Transgenic Resources. Lou’s Ph.D. is in mouse genetics and he has directed transgenic core facilities previously, both at UMB and Merck Sharp and Dohme Laboratories.
Services offered are a full range of pronuclear injections available in a variety or rodent strains.
- Generated in C57BL/6 or FVB strains – other strains available upon request
- Pronuclear microinjection, founder genotyping and breeding
- Services for BAC (bacterial artificial chromosome) recombineering and BAC transgene microinjection
- Design and construction of integration and targeting constructs
Knockout Mice – ES Cell Targeting
CRISPR/Cas9 Mediated Mouse Engineering
- Production of knockout, knock-in or conditional knockout mice by direct pronuclear injection in embryos
- Mutant strain produced in as little as 3-4 months!
Transgenic and Knockout Rats
- Produced by pronuclear injection in the SD strain – other strains available upon request
- Sperm and embryo cryopreservation, strain resuscitation from frozen embryos
- IVF, importation of frozen stock, and re-derivation
Breeding and Colony Management
- Breeding and genotyping of mice
Pricing & Ordering
Cost for services will be determined based on the extent of services requested and the vendor that is selected.
For pricing details and more information
CONTACT Dr. Lou DeTolla 410-706-8537