Our goal is to find the answers to the questions:
"Why does my child have autism or another developmental brain disorder?"
"Is there anything I can do to help researchers find answers and the cures?"
Yes, you can help find the causes and cures. Consider See which disorders are a focus of current research. now to one day make tissue and brain donation.
Why brain tissue is necessary to unravel the underlying causes of many disorders?
Every year infants, children, and adults are diagnosed with one of the hundreds of devastating and little understood development disorders. These perplexing mysteries can only be solved with research requiring study of the brain at a molecular level. To do this, researchers need to examine the tissue of individuals with the sophisticated tools of modern science.
Some Essential Ways You Can Help
- Introduction to the UMB Brain & Tissue Bank
See which disorders are a focus of current research.
- Become a registered donor
Request a registration packet.
- Find out about tissue recovery
Get more information.
If you want to speak to someone directly just call:
- Phone: 1-800-847-1539 or 410-706-1755
- Fax: 410-706-2128
The UMB Brain and Tissue Bank has been supported since 1991 by a contract from the (Contract #HHSN275200900011C, Ref. No. NO1-HD-9-0011).
The Bank gratefully acknowledges funding from the following:
- for long standing support to advance research on Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- in support of research on Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) also commonly referred to as Lou Gehrig’s Disease.