Skip to main content
- Applicants are expected to conduct themselves in an ethical and professional manner at all times.
- Applicants are expected to become familiar with ALL requirements for admission to the School of Medicine and to have satisfied those requirements at the time an application for admission is made or, if applicable, by the time of matriculation.
- Applicants are expected to review the School of Medicine's Technical Standards (The Essential Requirements for Admission, Academic Advancement and Graduation) and to contact the Office of Admissions with any questions or concerns.
- Applicants are expected to become familiar with and observe our application procedures. All application documents including primary and secondary application forms, transcripts, letters of recommendation, fees, etc., must be submitted in a timely manner.
- Applicants must promptly notify in writing both AMCAS and the School of Medicine of any change of address or other information submitted in the AMCAS application.
- Applicants must respond promptly to an invitation for a medical school interview. In those instances when an applicant cannot appear for a scheduled interview, the applicant is responsible for notifying the School of Medicine of the cancellation of the appointment. The cancellation should be undertaken by sending an email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants must respond in a timely manner to offers of acceptance to the School of Medicine. Applicants will have three weeks from the date of the letter of acceptance to respond to the School of Medicine’s offer of admission. Failure to respond will result in the withdrawal of the letter of acceptance.
- Applicants must notify the School of Medicine in writing of any change in the status of their application (e.g., the withdrawal of the application, a request to defer matriculation, etc.)
- Applicants who have multiple acceptances must withdraw from all but their first choice of medical school by April 30th, May 1st for MD/PhD Programs.
- Applicants in need of financial aid must initiate the steps necessary to determine their eligibility as soon as is possible. These steps include filing the appropriate Need Analysis forms in January or February, and encouraging parents (if required) to file income tax forms early.