State of the School
Annually, I have the distinct pleasure of delivering the "State of the School of Medicine Address" to faculty, staff, students, and friends of the School of Medicine.
Our yearly Address not only provides a platform to review the achievements and challenges of the past year, but also grants the School of Medicine with the opportunity to acknowledge those who contribute to our institution's advancement.
I hope you enjoyed this year’s address!
E. Albert Reece, MD, PhD, MBA
Executive Vice President for Medical Affairs, UM Baltimore
John Z. and Akiko K. Bowers Distinguished Professor and Dean, University of Maryland School of Medicine.
Addresses By Year
- 2018: From Groundbreaking to Record-Breaking
- 2017: Transforming the Trajectory of Medicine: A Review of the Centuries
- 2015: Undaunted in Purpose, Resilient in Execution
- 2014: From Vision to Venture
- 2013: Purposeful Actions, Promising Results: Relentlessly Advancing
- 2012: Forging Ahead: Defining new Pathways in Challenging Times
- 2011: Leading Innovation and Discovery: Changing Lives Worldwide
- 2010: Working Together, Bringing Out the Best